Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The wire has fever!

Yep! The onewire and DS18B20 libraries are ready. Built on top of the HAL layer, I was afraid that the timing won't be right... my tiredness added to that and I didn't observed that the bus is connected to a wrong wire on Nucleo board, making me to do some major changes in the source.

So, once I solved the issues, I added two projects as examples:

1. OW03_DS18B20_temp


This works with a single temperature sensor on bus, showing the temperature and the ID number on a 16x2 LCD. Is a good way to label your sensors, as I don't provide a search function and you need the IDs for the second example.


The LCD mockup looks like this:
It shows the temperature on the first row, and on the second, the unique serial number of the sensor in hexadecimals - you need to know the ID of your sensors for the following example. The second row is also used to display the error messages.

2. OW06_DS18B20_temp_multiple


The second example uses the same hardware but adds one more sensor on the bus (after I used it in the first example to find out its ID).


And the LCD mockup:
On the first row, the temperature from the two sensors are displayed as A and B and on the second the error messages are displayed, indicating exactly which sensor have problems.

Note:


As you see, images are now full color as the world is no more in gray state... I mean, I'm progressing with the STM32 microcontroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment