Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Without microseconds, you're just an outsider

As it is, the HAL library comes with a tick at every 1 millisecond, like a "millis" in an Arduino library. It is your application's timer, allowing you to plan timed, non-blocking tasks, like in a real-time operating system. But no microsecond delay function provided :( . And you know, many initialization procedures or protocols of different external peripherals require microsecond delays in data flux.

Of course I started to search for already written code and I came across Domen Jurkovic code on github, but his assembler code didn't compiled on my toolchain (sure it worked on his toolchain). I continued the search and found on the Mapple library an assembler code that compiled ok on my toolchain and resulted in a function that actually works. I tuned the code to work correctly on my 32MHz clock (look in my repository - link on the right panel).

    asm volatile("   mov r0, %[us]          \n\t"
                 "1: subs r0, #5            \n\t"
                 "   bhi 1b                 \n\t"
                 :
                 : [us] "r" (us)
                 : "r0");

No comments:

Post a Comment